In 2019, we’ll celebrate another milestone: our 100th Anniversary. While the anticipation of our centennial undoubtedly will involve celebrating our history and successes from decades of influence on management accounting, IMA is also faced with increasing challenges from the ever-changing global market. Our last and current fiscal years have been focused on a deliberate ground game in marketing our flagship CMA credential with print, online, and video media campaigns. Your CMA credential has been on late-night television, social media postings, and even tattooed (okay, perhaps only figuratively) on the arms and sleeves of fellow members. Now our members need to be celebrated for the century-old wisdom they have brought to global businesses, academia, and even other associations and nonprofits. To that end, IMA needs your help. To get the word out:
- Earn the CMA if you haven’t done so yet. If you’re already a CMA, add the CSCA® (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) credential to your list of competencies.
- Give it a “thumbs-up.” Please share or retweet what you like on IMA’s social media channels.
- Write a blog. Start a thread about how IMA or your CMA has impacted you personally, and include a link to our new ad campaign (http://bit.ly/2AEzkfM).
- Read up on the profession. Share your knowledge with others at your next staff, school, or social gathering.
- Inspire others toward excellence. Regardless of where you are in your career, you can be an example to others to help them achieve their goals.
Over the last half of my term, and as we count down to our 100th birthday, I encourage each of us to take up the ground game and walk proudly toward celebrating a century of success. We’ll do so at our Annual Conference in June 2019 in my hometown of San Diego, Calif. I look forward to seeing each of you there.
Please share your thoughts with me at email@example.com.